Why should they ask me to put on a uniform and go 10,000 miles from home and drop bombs and bullets on Brown people in Vietnam while so-called Negro people in Louisville are treated like dogs and denied simple human rights? ...If I thought the war was going to bring freedom and equality to 22 million of my people they wouldn't have to draft me, I'd join tomorrow. I have nothing to lose by standing up for my beliefs. So I'll go to jail, so what? We've been in jail for 400 years.
Muhammed Ali (1942-2016)
Pair Fluency Match 7 - Death Wish?
With Pair Fluency games players take turns asking each other set questions as fast as possible. With Match 7 there are 7 "yes" answers and 5 "No" answers. The aim is to find all the "yes" answers within a time limit.
To play, one player takes a question board and seven counters. The other player takes an answer card. The usual time limit is one minute. This can be shortened for experienced players or lengthened for beginners. On the starting signal the player with the board starts asking questions. Here is a list for this set:
Does your country clear-cut forests?
Does your country embrace factory farming?
Does your country export weapons?
Does your country ignore climate change?
Does your country ignore food safety?
Does your country possess a car culture?
Does your country possess a large military?
Does your country promote coal?
Does your country promote fracking?
Does your country promote nuclear power?
Does your country stockpile chemical weapons?
Does your country stockpile nuclear weapons?
The player with the card looks at it and responds accordingly, either "Yes, we do" or "No, we don't". For every "Yes" answer the questioning player covers the matching image on the board with a counter. When the timer goes record the number of points scored and players reverse roles. How many points can the whole class accumulate in 2-4 rounds?
Players should be somewhat familiar with the vocabulary before doing this game. As a follow-up players can consider real answers for their country and the teacher's country if different.
getfile: Pair Fluency Match 7 - Death WishGame Board - PDF: B5, 2 pages, 1.16 MB
Game Cards - PDF: A4, 4 pages, 8.34 MB
- Top Page
- Across The Table
- Add One More
- Be A Monster!
- Black Hole (board game)
- Bombs Away!
- Co-operative Quiz
- Dice Stack
- Fast Food Tag
- Find My Number
- Find The Penny
- The Happy Game
- Line Up!
- Maze Challenge
- Natty Narration
- Nose Nose Nose
- One Step Forward!
- Pair Fluency Match 7 - Death Wish
- Pair Fluency Match 7 - Go Green!
- Parrot Parade
- Passport Control
- Reach The Top!
- Tickle Time
- What Cards
- Which One?
- Whose Shoe?
- World Cup Football 2018
- You, You, Me!
- Wake Up
- Songs and Music
- Strips (songs and otherwise)
- This Week In History
- This Week in History: March 21-26
- This Week in History: March 28 - April 2
- This Week in History: April 8-10
- This Week in History: April 12-15
- This Week in History: April 19-24
- This Week in History: April 24-26
- This Week in History: May 6-11
- This Week in History: May 11-14
- This Week in History: May 18-23
- This Week in History: May 25-31
- This Week in History: June 1-5
- This Week in History: June 11-14
- This Week in History: June 15-21
- This Week in History: June 22-27
- This Week in History: June 29 - July 5
- This Week in History: July 6-12
- This Week in History: July 14-19
- This Week in History: July 27-31
- This Week in History: August 17-21
- This Week in History: August 27-30
- This Week in History: August 31 - September 6th
- This Week in History: September 7-13
- This Week in History: September 14-20
- This Week in History: September 22-27
- This Week in History: September 28 - October 4